The Alliance for Human Development (AHD) is a new platform created to advance research and research partnerships on the critical importance of the first 2000 days of life on a child’s life-long health, learning and social wellbeing.
Advancing Early Childhood Development: From Science to Scale
MAY 1, 2017, Ottawa
The symposium was held in partnership by the Aga Khan Foundation Canada and the Alliance for Human Development. It presented the findings from the Lancet series on early childhood development and the way forward to meet the needs of the most at risk populations. Presentations and discussions on how Canada contributes to advancing early childhood development globally and nationally were also discussed. A panel of experts examined institutional perspectives and approaches to design and expand programmes and policies to help children, their family and their society to thrive.
To watch a webcast of the event, please click here!
- The Honourable Jean-Yves Duclos, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development
- Ted Chaiban, Director of Programmes, UNICEF
- Dr. Stephen Lye, Executive Director, Alliance for Human Development; Senior Investigator, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute
- Dr. Zulfiqar A. Bhutta, Robert Harding Inaugural Chair in Global Child Health, Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids); Co-Director, SickKids Centre for Global Child Health; and Founding Director, Centre of Excellence in Women and Child Health, Aga Khan University
- Dr. Pia Britto, Chief and Senior Advisor, Early Childhood Development, UNICEF
- Dr. Catherine Birken, Scientist, SickKids Research Institute
- Dr. Shoo Lee, Scientific Director, Canadian Institutes for Health Research
- Dr. Kofi Marfo, Executive Director, Institute for Human Development, Aga Khan University
- Dr. Stephen McGurk, Vice President, Programs and Partnership Branch, International Development Research Centre
- Dr. Karlee Silver, Vice President, Programs, Grand Challenges Canada
More coming soon
Publications – Experts – Multimedia